CROTON-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- The annual Toughman Triathlon will shut down portions of Route 9 and 9A southbound to motor vehicle traffic from 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Route 9 southbound will be closed from the Bear Mountain Parkway in Peekskill to Ossining. Route 9 is open in both directions of travel in Ossining and points south.
Route 9A southbound will be closed from Croton on Hudson to Route 100 in Briarcliff Manor. Route 9 northbound will remain open all day.
Below is a list of suggested detours for local traffic during the triathlon:
- Commercial traffic on Route 9 south should use I-84 East or Route 301 East to access alternate southern routes such as I-684 or Route 202 to Route 100.
- Cars traveling south on Route 9 from points north of Peekskill should use Highland Avenue south to Division Street to Main Street/Route 6. Take Route 35 east to the Taconic State Parkway or Route 100 to access points south.
- Local traffic in Peekskill should use Route 35 east to the Taconic State Parkway or Route 100 to access points south.
- Traffic from the Bear Mountain Bridge and Route 6 Eastbound should use Route 6 east to Annsville Circle. Cars use Bear Mountain Parkway to Route 6 east. Commercial traffic use Route 9 north to Roa Hook Road to Highland Avenue south. Take Highland Avenue south to Division Street to Main Street/Route 6. Take Route 35 east to Route 100 to access points south.
- Local traffic in Ossining can only cross Route 9A at Ryder Road, Route 133 and Pleasantville Road.
- There will be no access to Route 9A from Route 134 eastbound. Motorists on Route 134 use Route 133 to reach points east. Route 134 westbound drivers should use Hawkes Avenue Detour to access Route 134 in Ossining Village.
- Local traffic in Briarcliff Manor should use Pleasantville Road to access Route 9A northbound. Southbound non-commercial traffic should use Pleasantville Road to access the Taconic State Parkway. Commercial traffic should use Pleasantville Road to access Route 117 west to get to Route 9A/100 South.
- Local traffic in Croton-on-Hudson should use Route 9A or Route 9 to travel north. For points south, use Route 9A south to Route 129 to Quaker Bridge Road south to Albany Post Road south to access Route 9 south in Ossining. The exit southbound at Croton Point Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'