As it turns out, being able to afford the cost of an expensive home does not necessarily mean living in an area where the priciest homes are located.
According to a new report by Property Shark, some of the top-earning homeowners in the U.S. live in Westchester County.
"The Golden State takes 17 spots in the top 100 while New York leads the by-state ranking with 20 codes," the report says.
"Of those, eight are located in Manhattan. Most of the other NY state zip codes all cover small and well-established communities in Westchester County."
Below are the Westchester towns with the most top-earning homeowners in the U.S. (The first number is median owner household income and second number is median sale price):
- 100. Ardsley (10502): $186,042; $725,625
- 84. Larchmont (10538): $194,115; $1.32 million
- 78. Pound Ridge (10576): $195,592; $825,000
- 73. Scarsdale (10583): $198,448; $1.73 million
- 57. Bedford (10506): $204,079; $825,000
- 49. Rye (10580): $205,076; $1.79 million
- 18. Armonk (10504): $231,346; $1.05 million
- 10. Chappaqua (10514): $250,000+; $810,000
The highest-earning zip code in the U.S. is 10013 in Manhattan, which includes Tribeca and Soho. Homeowners bring in more than $250,000 annually and the median sale price of a house if $4.1 million.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.