OSSINING, N.Y. -- Two cars caught on fire Friday morning in front of a home in Ossining as a result of a faulty electrical cord.
At 4:15 a.m., the Ossining Fire Department received a call about flames shooting out of a Ford pickup truck on 57 Hunter St. The fire then spread to an SUV parked in front of the truck, according to Matthew Scarduzio, Ossining Fire Chief.
It took 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, which caused minor damage to the house due to the intense heat. There were no injuries, Scarduzio said.
The fire was caused by an extension chord that was plugged into the Ford pickup truck, which ran on diesel fuel. Firefighters do not consider the fire suspicious. Scarduzio said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.