OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Public Library is seeking a detail-oriented, part-time adult page.
The potential candidate must be able to understand and follow oral and written directions. The candidate must also be able to sort materials by alpha-numeric systems and physically be able to perform the requirements of the position.
Candidates must be at least 16 years old, working on or completed a high school degree and able to work morning shifts of four hours with some weekend shifts occasionally. Candidates must also be able to obtain working papers, if needed. A friendly and outgoing personality is desirable.
Candidates will be required to the following types of work:
- Sort and shelf all library materials.
- Shelf read for accuracy and order, reshelving as necessary.
- Search shelves for lost/claims returned items.
- Pull materials from the shelves to fill holds.
- Empty book drops as needed.
- Provide simple, directional-only, information to patrons.
- Clear all tables, chairs, window seats and other work surfaces and keep furniture in order.
- May help with setup and cleanup of programs. Rooms must be returned to an orderly condition following their use.
- Clean and dust shelves and other work surfaces, including computer areas; may vacuum carpeted surfaces.
- Physically be able to lift and rearrange library furniture weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain and restock supplies to work areas as needed, including copier paper, pens and pencils, etc.
Submit resumes and cover letters indicating interest in the position to Christina Surovich, circulation/technical services manager at Ossining Public Library, 53 Croton Ave., Ossining, NY 10562. Email material to firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 914 941-2416, ext. 304; fax 914-941-7464. All resumes and letters must be submitted by Monday, Jan. 5.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.