OSSINING, N.Y. -- Green Ossining’s 6th Annual Earth Day Festival at Louis B. Engel Waterfront Park will be on April 16 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the theme of water.
Bring family and friends and learn how to live a more sustainable life, visit artisan vendors, and enjoy food and live music on the Hudson River. The Festival has grown from roughly 300 attendees in its first year with an expectation to surpass last year's nearly 3,000 attendees. Featured events of the day include:
- Arts and Artisan Vendors
- Eco-Demonstrations and Hands-on Activities including a focused Kid’s Activity Zone
- The Something Good in the World’s Zero-Footprint EnviraPod Mobile Education Trailer
- River Activities and Advocacy
- Zero-Waste in action on the Festival grounds
- Delicious Local Food including vegetarian and vegan fare
- Craft Beer hosted by Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
- Textile Recycling and E-Waste drop off
- Rain Barrels and Composter Bins for sale
- Live Music with local musicians including KJ Denhert, All My Friends, Beverly Aminata Spencer, Nancy Carmichael & Dennis Phillips, and a performance by our stage hosts Mike and Miriam Risko and the Mike Risko Band
- Local “Green” Services
- Learn about using eco-friendly products and how to save money by reducing your carbon footprint
- Community Organizations
“As a natural resource, water-related issues have reached global crisis levels. As an environmental organization who seeks to engage and inform, this year we felt that focusing on water conservation, appreciation and sustainable uses of this essential-to-life ingredient would give us an educational opportunity to positively affect change locally,” said Suzie Ross, Chair, Green Ossining.
"Water has been in the news a lot recently. There are exciting stories to tell about innovative, environmentally-smart efforts happening right here in Ossining. What better way to learn, get involved, and celebrate than at the biggest Earth Day celebration in our area?," said Village of Ossining Mayor Victoria Gearity.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.