OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Public Library has a full lineup of events for adults during the month of November beginning with the an art exhibit.
The events include:
• “Looking Back Series” by artist Ron Whitehead in the main gallery is a show dedicated to service men and women as the country celebrate their sacrifices on Veteran’s Day. Show dates are Nov. 1-30. There will be a reception from 2-4 p.m. Nov. 14.
• “Photos of Ireland” by local photographer Chris Basset in the hallway gallery is from Nov. 1-30.
• Bodies in the Library Book Group meets at noon Nov. 6 in the second-floor conference room to discuss the book “The Devotion of Suspect X” by Keigo Higashino (Japan). Copies of the book can be found at the information desk.
• The library's health and wellness series will feature a "Pain Relief Without Side Effects" workshop at 11 a.m. Nov. 7 in the second-floor conference room. The series is taught by a certified health and wellness instructor.
•“Keeping Seniors Safe” will be presented at 3 p.m. Nov. 10 in the Budarz Theater. It will cover legal documents seniors should have, protecting yourself from financial and elder abuse, how can we attempt to prevent such abuse from happening and more.
• Spanish Fall Film Series will show its last film in the series, “Tinta Roja” at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 11 in the Budarz Theater.
• M&M Fall Play – “Sight Unseen" will be shown at 7 p.m. Nov. 12 in the Budarz Theater. The play centers on Brooklyn-born Jonathan Waxman who has become a very wealthy, critically acclaimed artist.
• The New Westchester Symphony Orchestra will perform at 3 p.m. Nov. 15 in the Budarz Theater.
• Spanish Book Club meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 18 in the YA meeting room to discuss “Bailor Con La Vida” by Cuban author Zoe Valdez. This book looks back at the events of 9/11 and the effects those attacks had on everyone around the world. Copies are available at the information desk.
• Health & Wellness Series – Sugar Seduction Workshop will be at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 21 in the Budartz Theater. If your sweet tooth is sabotaging your efforts to lose weight and get healthy, this workshop is for you. Join Susan Chasen, certified nutrition and health coach, for a workshop to help curb your cravings naturally.
Admission to all events is free.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.