OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining senior Saniya Chong, the top girls basketball player in Section 1, has verbally committed to play basketball at the University of Connecticut, according to Ossining girls basketball coach Dan Ricci.
The five-foot-nine Chong, Ossining’s and Section 1’s leading scorer among girls, led the Pride to consecutive Section 1 Class AA basketball championships. Chong had also been considering Ohio State, Louisville and Maryland.
A two-time all-state selection by the New York State Sportswriters Association, Chong averaged 33.3 points, 9.7 assists and 5.2 rebounds last year for the Pride.
- 1 Assessor Charged With Fraud In Ossining
- 2 IRS Warns Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Ossining's Chong Scores Career-High 20, But UConn's 47-Game Win Streak Ends
- 4 Westchester County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard