OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining senior Saniya Chong, the top girls basketball player in Section 1, has verbally committed to play basketball at the University of Connecticut, according to Ossining girls basketball coach Dan Ricci.
The five-foot-nine Chong, Ossining’s and Section 1’s leading scorer among girls, led the Pride to consecutive Section 1 Class AA basketball championships. Chong had also been considering Ohio State, Louisville and Maryland.
A two-time all-state selection by the New York State Sportswriters Association, Chong averaged 33.3 points, 9.7 assists and 5.2 rebounds last year for the Pride.
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Star In HGTV Show
- 5 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says