OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining senior Saniya Chong, the top girls basketball player in Section 1, has verbally committed to play basketball at the University of Connecticut, according to Ossining girls basketball coach Dan Ricci.
The five-foot-nine Chong, Ossining’s and Section 1’s leading scorer among girls, led the Pride to consecutive Section 1 Class AA basketball championships. Chong had also been considering Ohio State, Louisville and Maryland.
A two-time all-state selection by the New York State Sportswriters Association, Chong averaged 33.3 points, 9.7 assists and 5.2 rebounds last year for the Pride.
- 1 Businesses Form Alliance To Draw Attention To Uptown Ossining
- 2 Ossining Teenager Arrested For Making Threats On Social Media
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Ossining High School Students Commit To Playing College Athletics
- 5 Ossining School District Budget Passes