OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining senior Saniya Chong, the top girls basketball player in Section 1, has verbally committed to play basketball at the University of Connecticut, according to Ossining girls basketball coach Dan Ricci.
The five-foot-nine Chong, Ossining’s and Section 1’s leading scorer among girls, led the Pride to consecutive Section 1 Class AA basketball championships. Chong had also been considering Ohio State, Louisville and Maryland.
A two-time all-state selection by the New York State Sportswriters Association, Chong averaged 33.3 points, 9.7 assists and 5.2 rebounds last year for the Pride.
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Ossining Overnight
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing