OSSINING, N.Y. – In their previous regular-season meeting, Ossining rallied from two sets down to overcome Fox Lane in a league volleyball match. On Monday, Ossining would not need to work extra.
Saniya Chong registered 26 kills and Katharine Baskind had 32 assists as second-seeded Ossining defeated seventh-seeded Fox Lane, 25-12, 22-25, 26-24, 25-14 in a Section 1 Class A Volleyball Championship quarterfinal match.
Ossining will host third-seeded Ursuline in a semifinal at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. The other semifinal is No. 4 Yorktown at No. 1 Walter Panas.
The semi-final winners meet in the title match at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Hendrick Hudson.
Ossining received a solid defensive effort with three players amassing double digits in digs, led by Selena Drinks with 15. Danielle Gervacio had 11 and Katherine Aguilar finished with 10.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl