OSSINING, N.Y. -- Two members of the Ossining Spartans swim team completed the Great Hudson River Swim from Pier 45 to the Battery Cove Yacht Club in New York City recently and made history in the process.
Kate Flynn, 14, and Alex Carrazzone, 13, braved chilly 59-degree water to record the fastest times for their respective ages in the 1.6-mile swim.
Flynn claimed the third place overall women’s finisher spot and eighth place overall with a 0:26:38 time.
Carrazzone, meanwhile, was the first place finisher for men 19 and under with a time of 0:30:53, good enough for 42nd out of 181 total swimmers to complete the race.
Since the inception of the race in 2005, only 8 swimmers 14-years-old and younger have completed the course.
- 1 Driver Sentenced In Ossining Lawyer’s Death
- 2 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Ossining Man Who Had Sex Charges Dismissed Sues Putnam Officials
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 Cop Treats Heroin Overdose Victim With Antidote In New Castle