OSSINING, N.Y. -- Eleven Ossining High School seniors have committed to playing Division I or Division II athletics in college.
These are the athletes and the schools to which they have made commitments:
- Aron Fried, baseball, Quinnipiac University
- Jalay Knowles, basketball, University of Hartford
- Annelyse Lopez, soccer, Pace University
- Samantha Perlman, equestrian, New Mexico State University
- Sebastian Sanchez, soccer, University of Tulsa
- Cyan Scarduzio, field hockey and softball, St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Andrew Snyder, swimming, Towson University
- Abigail Squirrel, lacrosse, Marquette University
- Madison Strippoli, basketball, New York Institute of Technology
- Stephanie Svoboda, basketball, Pace University
- Sean Trenholm, baseball, Binghamton University.
James Dennett, the high school’s athletic director since 2004, said the number of athletes moving on to Division I and Division II sports varies each year, but this group is larger than usual.
“We’ve never had this many students go on and play at this level,” he said.
The athletes will participate in eight different sports: basketball, baseball, equestrian, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball and swimming.
“That makes me proud as an athletic director to realize that it’s not just one sport but it’s many sports that our kids are excelling in,” Dennett said.
Ossining also has graduating students who will play sports at Division III colleges and universities.
“Going from high school even to play Division III is a major jump. Those are outstanding athletes as well,” Dennett said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.