OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining High alum James Brundage opened his junior year on the Rider University wrestling team with a second-place finish in the 174-pound class Saturday at the Binghamton Open.
The three-time Section 1 champion and 2009 New York State Division I 160-pound titlist went 3-1 on the day.
He opened his tournament with a pin, in 3:29, of Cornell’s Matthew Cunningham. Brundage followed up with a 3-2 win over James Frascella of Penn State. In his semi-final match, Brundage registered a 13-4 major decision over Marshall Peppelman of Cornell, who was ranked 20th in the nation at 174 pounds.
Lehigh’s Kevin Bailey decisioned Brundage, 4-3, in the final.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Ossining, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Ossining; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Ossining Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Black Ice Conditions Expected Through Sunday In Westchester