OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining High alum James Brundage opened his junior year on the Rider University wrestling team with a second-place finish in the 174-pound class Saturday at the Binghamton Open.
The three-time Section 1 champion and 2009 New York State Division I 160-pound titlist went 3-1 on the day.
He opened his tournament with a pin, in 3:29, of Cornell’s Matthew Cunningham. Brundage followed up with a 3-2 win over James Frascella of Penn State. In his semi-final match, Brundage registered a 13-4 major decision over Marshall Peppelman of Cornell, who was ranked 20th in the nation at 174 pounds.
Lehigh’s Kevin Bailey decisioned Brundage, 4-3, in the final.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester