OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining High alum James Brundage opened his junior year on the Rider University wrestling team with a second-place finish in the 174-pound class Saturday at the Binghamton Open.
The three-time Section 1 champion and 2009 New York State Division I 160-pound titlist went 3-1 on the day.
He opened his tournament with a pin, in 3:29, of Cornell’s Matthew Cunningham. Brundage followed up with a 3-2 win over James Frascella of Penn State. In his semi-final match, Brundage registered a 13-4 major decision over Marshall Peppelman of Cornell, who was ranked 20th in the nation at 174 pounds.
Lehigh’s Kevin Bailey decisioned Brundage, 4-3, in the final.
- 1 Former Ossining Bank Manager Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Customers
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Ossining Overnight