OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining High alum James Brundage opened his junior year on the Rider University wrestling team with a second-place finish in the 174-pound class Saturday at the Binghamton Open.
The three-time Section 1 champion and 2009 New York State Division I 160-pound titlist went 3-1 on the day.
He opened his tournament with a pin, in 3:29, of Cornell’s Matthew Cunningham. Brundage followed up with a 3-2 win over James Frascella of Penn State. In his semi-final match, Brundage registered a 13-4 major decision over Marshall Peppelman of Cornell, who was ranked 20th in the nation at 174 pounds.
Lehigh’s Kevin Bailey decisioned Brundage, 4-3, in the final.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Ossining Saturday
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway