OSSINING, N.Y. -- Raymond Sanchez, superintendent of schools in Ossining, has announced that Ossining High School has a new math and science wing.
The new wing provides science and math research rooms that focus on quiet study. Students often visit the rooms during free periods to work on projects and intermingle with other peers for ideas.
"I'd like to thank the community for helping us build this floor after winning the INTEL Star Innovator Award," said Joshua Mandel, principal of Ossining High School. "We now have room to expand our science offerings and we also have our math and science teachers on the same floor for interdisciplinary work.
"We're also opening the lab space for our engineering program and our robotics program and our earth science program is also taking off."
For more information on the new math and science wing, click here. http://vimeo.com/97219416
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'