OSSINING, N.Y. -- Raymond Sanchez, superintendent of schools in Ossining, has announced that Ossining High School has a new math and science wing.
The new wing provides science and math research rooms that focus on quiet study. Students often visit the rooms during free periods to work on projects and intermingle with other peers for ideas.
"I'd like to thank the community for helping us build this floor after winning the INTEL Star Innovator Award," said Joshua Mandel, principal of Ossining High School. "We now have room to expand our science offerings and we also have our math and science teachers on the same floor for interdisciplinary work.
"We're also opening the lab space for our engineering program and our robotics program and our earth science program is also taking off."
For more information on the new math and science wing, click here. http://vimeo.com/97219416
- 1 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says
- 5 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says