OSSINING, N.Y. -- State Sen. David Carlucci, D-Rockland/Westchester, will host Legal Services of the Hudson Valley office hours at his Ossining district office, 2 Church St., from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday.
“When it comes to children, seniors, veterans and vulnerable members of our community, they should receive the best legal counsel available, regardless of their income,” said Carlucci. “I look forward to partnering with Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, and I hope anyone who is need of quality legal advice joins us for our office hours.”
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley will provide free comprehensive civil legal services for people who cannot afford an attorney and need free, quality counsel for the following issues:
- Children's advocacy: representation for children, including special education law; disabilities advocacy; advocacy for children in foster care and homeless children; guardianship; and custody and housing.
- Domestic violence: advocacy and representation for survivors, including orders of protection; child/spousal support; child custody and visitation; and referrals for other issues related to safety and support.
- Elder law: advocacy and representation for seniors in areas including housing; Social Security; Medicare; and permanency planning and home care;
- Veterans and military families: advocacy for those who have served, including those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder; traumatic brain injury; and military sexual trauma; and/or facing denial of benefits; and foreclosure or consumer fraud.
- Disability advocacy: legal assistance to individuals with disabilities, including discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act; representation to children and adults with developmental disabilities in areas such as Social Security/SSI, housing, rehabilitation, transportation and employment.
- Cancer health advocacy: legal assistance to eligible clients affected by a diagnosis of cancer.
- Housing: legal representation and advice to residents in eviction and foreclosure proceedings.
- Benefits: legal assistance to individuals who have been incorrectly denied or terminated from subsistence benefit programs.
- HIV/AIDS: assistance for individuals infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS with legal issues, including disability, Medicaid/insurance, permanency planning and eviction.
Anyone interested in setting up an appointment should call Carlucci’s Ossining office at 914-941-2041.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.