CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Assemblywoman Sandy Galef will host a public forum to discuss freezing property taxes at Cortlandt Town Hall on Thursday, May 29 at 4 p.m.
Joining Galef will be Dede Scozzafava, the New York State Deputy Secretary of State, and Mark Pattison, the Director of Local Government Services for the Department of State. Their discussion will focus on strategies for the continuation of budget savings for municipalities, schools, and counties, as well as increasing efficiencies.
"This forum should be a great resource for school and municipal officials, in that it will allow them to hear about success stories from around the state that have allowed others to save money, time, and resources," Galef said in a statement. "The discussion will allow anyone interested to learn from different approaches to sharing and coordinating, to find out about streamlining administrative/back-office service delivery, and to discuss grant programs currently available to assist with shared service initiatives."
- 1 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 5 Ossining Tennis Champion Jamie Loeb Comes Home