Contact Us
Ossining Daily Voice serves Ossining, NY

Menu

Ossining Daily Voice serves Ossining, NY

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Pot On Stove Causes Ossining Apartment Fire

Ossining firefighters responded to a fire at an apartment building Wednesday morning.
Ossining firefighters responded to a fire at an apartment building Wednesday morning. Photo Credit: Sam Barron

OSSINING, N.Y. -- A pot left on the stove for too long caused a fire at an Ossining apartment building Wednesday morning.

Ossining Firefighters responded to smoke in a first floor apartment at 25 S. Highland Ave. at around 7 a.m. Wednesday. The fire department reported no injuries and no one in the building had to be evacuated.

It took firefighters about an hour to contain the smoke.

Other apartments were checked, but were deemed safe, firefighters said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Ossining Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.