OSSINING, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne Bureau of Criminal Investigation arrested a New Jersey man on Thursday, June 5, on charges of shipping drugs into Ossining's Sing Sing Correctional Facility, police officials said.
The arrest stemmed from an investigation initiated by the New York state Inspector General's Office and originated at the state Department of Corrections at Sing Prison. The investigation revealed that Jaston Coleman, 43, allegedly unlawfully sold contraband which he introduced into Sing Sing via a U.S. Postal Service shipment, state police said.
Coleman was charged with first-degree promoting prison contraband, and second-degree criminal sale of marijuana. He is scheduled to appear in Ossining Town Court on Tuesday June 10, according to state police.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 More Than Half Of Ossining's Middle School Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester