OSSINING, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Hawthorne Bureau of Criminal Investigation arrested a New Jersey man on Thursday, June 5, on charges of shipping drugs into Ossining's Sing Sing Correctional Facility, police officials said.
The arrest stemmed from an investigation initiated by the New York state Inspector General's Office and originated at the state Department of Corrections at Sing Prison. The investigation revealed that Jaston Coleman, 43, allegedly unlawfully sold contraband which he introduced into Sing Sing via a U.S. Postal Service shipment, state police said.
Coleman was charged with first-degree promoting prison contraband, and second-degree criminal sale of marijuana. He is scheduled to appear in Ossining Town Court on Tuesday June 10, according to state police.
- 1 Ossining Teacher Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 2 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point