OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley M. Tierney of Ossining died Nov. 24. She was 79.
Tierney was born Sept. 14, 1933, in Ossining to Charles and Frances Partlow Stevens. She worked for Briarcliff Bus Co. and the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District for 40 years. She was one of the best women bowlers in Westchester County, her family said. She also loved golf and her many friends.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Pam); a daughter, Barbara Jeanne (Michael) Malone; a sister, Jean D’Angelo; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. Burial will be private.
- 1 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 5 Ossining's Theater O Seeks Teen Actors To Audition For Two Productions