OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley M. Tierney of Ossining died Nov. 24. She was 79.
Tierney was born Sept. 14, 1933, in Ossining to Charles and Frances Partlow Stevens. She worked for Briarcliff Bus Co. and the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District for 40 years. She was one of the best women bowlers in Westchester County, her family said. She also loved golf and her many friends.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Pam); a daughter, Barbara Jeanne (Michael) Malone; a sister, Jean D’Angelo; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. Burial will be private.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester