OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Teenager Arrested For Making Threats On Social Media
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Ossining School District Budget Passes
- 4 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 5 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs