OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Susan Louise Bingell, 65, Longtime Ossining Resident
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Suspect Charged In Ossining 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes