OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Man Charged With DWI In Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Ossining Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Ossining
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48