OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Ossining Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Ossining, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Ossining School District Votes To Address Educational Inequity
- 4 Ossining Busts Out The Chalk For Sunday Festival
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions