OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 2 Ossining High School Class Of 1985 Celebrates 30-Year Reunion
- 3 Letter: Democracy Being Challenged In Ossining Town Elections
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says