OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley J. Hargraves, a longtime resident of Ossining, died Jan. 19. She was 85.
Hargraves was born Nov. 22, 1927, in Yonkers to James and May Stack Hessler. She graduated from Saunders High School. She married Joseph F. Hargraves on March 25, 1951, at St. Denis Church in Yonkers.
Hargraves is survived by two sons, Joseph F. and John C. (Karen) Hargraves; two brothers, James and John Hessler; and three grandsons. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph, on Feb. 8, 2004.
Services were held Wednesday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Town Of Ossining In Contract Negotiations With Village For Police Force
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Ossining Man Indicted On Drug Trafficking Charges
- 4 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 5 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown