MILLBROOK, N.Y. - Ruth Greer of Millbrook and formerly of Scarsdale and Ossining, died June 17. She was 88.
Greer was born Nov. 14, 1925, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Eva and William Walzer, and lived in Scarsdale for 35 years. She later lived in Ossining, Poughkeepsie and Millbrook. She went to Smith College for three years and finished her BS and MS in mathematics at New York University. She was a teacher of math at Albert Leonard Junior High School, New Rochelle.
Greer is survived by her companion, Richard Kerr; brother, Martin Walzer; sons, Nicko (Kate) of Virginia and Kenneth (Sheanna) of California; stepchildren, Margaret (Thomas) Meyering of Poughkeepsie, Stephen Kerr of Mount Kisco and Pamela Martin of Colorado; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; ex-husband, Edwin Greer; and brother, Dr. Richard Walzer.
A reception will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, June 29 at the Fountains of Millbrook.
For more information, please visit: http://www.doylefuneralhome.com
- 1 Three-Time State Champ Ossining Preparing For Federation Playoffs
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Harlem MagicMasters To Take The Court Against Ossining School Staff