OSSINING, N.Y. – Peter L. Carosella, a lifelong Ossining resident, died Monday, Oct. 8, surrounded by his wife and family. He was 86.
He was born Feb. 11, 1926, in Ossining to Angelina and Joseph Carosella. He graduated from Ossining High School and served in the Army during World War II. Carosella then joined the Pleasantville Police Department, where he attained the rank of detective. He was also a member of Washington Hook and Ladder in Ossining.
Carosella is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marilyn; two daughters, Susan (Robert) Rummel and Kristine; a sister, Mary Berg; three nieces and a nephew. He was predeceased by a sister, Grace Macera; a brother in law, James Berg; and a nephew, Jimmy Berg.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Beecher Funeral Home in Pleasantville. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Man Charged With DWI In Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Ossining Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Ossining
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48