OSSINING, N.Y. – Armenio "Hooks" Badia of Ossining died Dec. 4 as a result of a car accident in Croton. He was 77.
He was born March 14, 1935, in Ossining to Dominick and Mary Infantino Badia. He was a former Minor League baseball player with the Cleveland Indians.
Badia was a former White Plains delicatessen owner. He was a member of the American Legion Post 506 and Columbus Lodge, an avid golfer and a fan of horse racing.
He is survived by a daughter, Toni Ann; a son, Michael (Annette); a brother, Frank; his longtime companion, Barbara; and two grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m., Friday, at Leach and Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. Interment will be private.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester