OSSINING, N.Y. - Michael Puchir of Ossining died Friday, July 4. He was 92.
Puchir was born Nov. 9, 1921, in Yonkers, to George and Julia Puchir. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945. He belonged to the Veterans of Foreign Wars and The American Legion. He and his wife, Mildred established Ossining Hardware in 1950 and the business is still run by family members. He was a member of the Board of Directors at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers and a member of the Advisory Boards of various local banks. He was a member of Mahopac Golf Club for over 60 years.
Puchir is survived by his wife, Mildred; children, Robert, Carol and Diane; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and brother, John. He was predeceased by his daughter, Elizabeth Julia; sisters, May and Helen; and brother, George.
The service and interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: http://www.johngcrawfordfuneraldirector.com
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Ossining; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Ossining
- 5 Ossining Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero