OSSINING, N.Y. - Michael Puchir of Ossining died Friday, July 4. He was 92.
Puchir was born Nov. 9, 1921, in Yonkers, to George and Julia Puchir. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945. He belonged to the Veterans of Foreign Wars and The American Legion. He and his wife, Mildred established Ossining Hardware in 1950 and the business is still run by family members. He was a member of the Board of Directors at Oakland Cemetery in Yonkers and a member of the Advisory Boards of various local banks. He was a member of Mahopac Golf Club for over 60 years.
Puchir is survived by his wife, Mildred; children, Robert, Carol and Diane; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and brother, John. He was predeceased by his daughter, Elizabeth Julia; sisters, May and Helen; and brother, George.
The service and interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: http://www.johngcrawfordfuneraldirector.com
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing