OSSINING, N.Y. – Mary H. Burckhard, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died Nov. 20. She was 93.
Burckhard was born Jan. 7, 1919, in Ossining to Owen and Ellen Finegan Hand. She worked as a billing clerk for the Westchester Lighting Company in Ossining.
She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph W. Burckhard.
A lifelong parishioner of St. Augustine Church in Ossining, she was the last surviving original member of the Sacred Heart Society. She was also dedicated member of the Golden Eagles.
Burckhard is survived by five sons, Gerard, Paul, Joseph, George and Kevin; two daughters, Marybeth Sevelovitz and Barbara Parthemore; 13 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a grandson, Gerard Burckhard Jr.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Sunday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Monday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing