OSSINING, N.Y. – Mary H. Burckhard, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died Nov. 20. She was 93.
Burckhard was born Jan. 7, 1919, in Ossining to Owen and Ellen Finegan Hand. She worked as a billing clerk for the Westchester Lighting Company in Ossining.
She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph W. Burckhard.
A lifelong parishioner of St. Augustine Church in Ossining, she was the last surviving original member of the Sacred Heart Society. She was also dedicated member of the Golden Eagles.
Burckhard is survived by five sons, Gerard, Paul, Joseph, George and Kevin; two daughters, Marybeth Sevelovitz and Barbara Parthemore; 13 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a grandson, Gerard Burckhard Jr.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Sunday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Monday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Ossining School Nurses Warn Of Enterovirus Affecting Children
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home