OSSINING, N.Y. – Mary H. Burckhard, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died Nov. 20. She was 93.
Burckhard was born Jan. 7, 1919, in Ossining to Owen and Ellen Finegan Hand. She worked as a billing clerk for the Westchester Lighting Company in Ossining.
She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph W. Burckhard.
A lifelong parishioner of St. Augustine Church in Ossining, she was the last surviving original member of the Sacred Heart Society. She was also dedicated member of the Golden Eagles.
Burckhard is survived by five sons, Gerard, Paul, Joseph, George and Kevin; two daughters, Marybeth Sevelovitz and Barbara Parthemore; 13 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a grandson, Gerard Burckhard Jr.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Sunday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Monday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Teenager Arrested For Making Threats On Social Media
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Ossining School District Budget Passes
- 4 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 5 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs