OSSINING, N.Y. – Marie K. Traditi, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died Jan. 9. She was 80.
Traditi was born Sept. 11, 1932, in Ossining to James and Lelima Apostolico. She graduated from Ossining High School and was a communicant of St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. She was a former employee of the Ossining School System and the town and village of Ossining.
She is survived by five children, Sharon, Teresa (Kenny) Donato, Cathy (Pete) DiSisto, Donny (Tara) and Dennis (Chrissy); a brother, James Apostolico; a sister, Helen Ready; 18 grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband Donato "Danny" Traditi, on Dec. 3, 2008; and a son, Donato "Debbie," on Sept. 26, 2004.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Augustine's Church. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601, or Dutchess Hospice, 374 Violet Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 4 Ossining Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing