OSSINING, N.Y. – Marie K. Traditi, a lifelong resident of Ossining, died Jan. 9. She was 80.
Traditi was born Sept. 11, 1932, in Ossining to James and Lelima Apostolico. She graduated from Ossining High School and was a communicant of St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. She was a former employee of the Ossining School System and the town and village of Ossining.
She is survived by five children, Sharon, Teresa (Kenny) Donato, Cathy (Pete) DiSisto, Donny (Tara) and Dennis (Chrissy); a brother, James Apostolico; a sister, Helen Ready; 18 grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband Donato "Danny" Traditi, on Dec. 3, 2008; and a son, Donato "Debbie," on Sept. 26, 2004.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Augustine's Church. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery in Ossining.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601, or Dutchess Hospice, 374 Violet Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern