OSSINING, N.Y. - Leonardo "Lenny" Renna of Ossining July 1. He was 74.
Renna was born May 26, 1940, in Fontanarossa, Italy, to Maria Gorizia and Angeloantonio Renna. As a young man, he left Italy to emigrate to Venezuela, where his father had settled. Over the next several years, he built and owned a hotel, restaurant and butcher business. He left Venezuela in his late 20s to be with his siblings in New York. After marriage he settled with his family in Ossining. He worked for Citibank for over 30 years in addition to owning an exporting business.
Renna is survived by his wife, Elida; daughters, Renee and Danielle; son, Anthony; brother, Fausto; and sister Teresa. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Michael.
Calling hours are Friday, July 4 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Waterbury & Kelly Funeral Home in Briarcliff Manor. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 5 at St. Theresa's Church, Briarcliff Manor. Interment will follow at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Cancer Research Institute at: http://www.cancerresearch.org/
- 1 Assessor Charged With Fraud In Ossining
- 2 IRS Warns Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Man Is Shot By Fellow Hunter After Killing Deer Near Putnam County
- 4 Ossining's Chong Scores Career-High 20, But UConn's 47-Game Win Streak Ends
- 5 Westchester County Police Charge Man, 26, With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin