OSSINING, N.Y. - Leonardo "Lenny" Renna of Ossining July 1. He was 74.
Renna was born May 26, 1940, in Fontanarossa, Italy, to Maria Gorizia and Angeloantonio Renna. As a young man, he left Italy to emigrate to Venezuela, where his father had settled. Over the next several years, he built and owned a hotel, restaurant and butcher business. He left Venezuela in his late 20s to be with his siblings in New York. After marriage he settled with his family in Ossining. He worked for Citibank for over 30 years in addition to owning an exporting business.
Renna is survived by his wife, Elida; daughters, Renee and Danielle; son, Anthony; brother, Fausto; and sister Teresa. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Michael.
Calling hours are Friday, July 4 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Waterbury & Kelly Funeral Home in Briarcliff Manor. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 5 at St. Theresa's Church, Briarcliff Manor. Interment will follow at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Cancer Research Institute at: http://www.cancerresearch.org/
- 1 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring