OSSINING, N.Y. - Joseph Henry Kappel of Ossining died May 16. He was 79.
Kappel was born April 8, 1935, in Ossining, to Joseph and Mary (Galto) Kappel. He worked as a heating mechanic for Dynamic Fuel in Ossining for many years. He was a longtime member of the Ossining Boat & Canoe Club.
Kappel is survived by his sons, Joseph (Lena), David (Jeanne); daughter, Dawn Toich (Joseph); sisters, Elizabeth Grasso, Rose Mekulik; five grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and companion, Rosemarie Sedlmayer. He was predeceased by his wife, Anna Marie; and son, Michael.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 20 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leach & Thomas, Inc., 32 State St., Ossining. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 21 at St. Ann's Church. Burial will be at St. Augustine's Cemetery.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'