OSSINING, N.Y. - Joseph Henry Kappel of Ossining died May 16. He was 79.
Kappel was born April 8, 1935, in Ossining, to Joseph and Mary (Galto) Kappel. He worked as a heating mechanic for Dynamic Fuel in Ossining for many years. He was a longtime member of the Ossining Boat & Canoe Club.
Kappel is survived by his sons, Joseph (Lena), David (Jeanne); daughter, Dawn Toich (Joseph); sisters, Elizabeth Grasso, Rose Mekulik; five grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and companion, Rosemarie Sedlmayer. He was predeceased by his wife, Anna Marie; and son, Michael.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 20 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leach & Thomas, Inc., 32 State St., Ossining. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 21 at St. Ann's Church. Burial will be at St. Augustine's Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Ossining; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 4 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Ossining
- 5 Ossining Will See Dangerous Wind Chills As Low As 15 Below Zero