OSSINING, N.Y. – Jesse Arnold Thomas of Ossining died suddenly on Oct. 13 from a massive heart attack. He was 59.
Thomas was born Jan. 24, 1953, in Ossining to Jesse Alston and Carrie Thomas. Known as Jake to his friends and family, he graduated from Ossining High School and attended SUNY Farmingdale. He worked for Whalen Movers in Pleasantville.
He is survived by a daughter, Andrea Harris; four sons, Jason, LaMar, Jamal and Jessie; six brothers, John Tyrone, Donald, Skylar, Terrence, Spencer and Bruce; six sisters, Stephanie Minter, Wendy, Juliann, Donna, Shirley Garcia and Melissa Hoyt; and seven grandchildren. He was predeceased by two sisters, Sabrina and Evie.
A memorial service will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Matthew's United Methodist Church in Ossining. Leach and Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining is handling arrangements.
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing