OSSINING, N.Y. - Jeanne P. Faranda, a longtime Ossining resident, died Saturday, June 7. She was 88.
Faranda was born April 29, 1926, in New York City, she was the daughter of Ivan and Elizabeth (Johnson) Post. She was a graduate of The College of Mount Saint Vincent, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. She later received her MS at Columbia Teachers College. She worked as a public health nurse, nurse educator and in various administrative and supervisory roles. She was active, along with her husband, for decades in St. Ann's Church and school in Ossining.
Faranda is survived by her sons, Tom, Jim and Joseph Philip; and eight grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph; and son, Paul.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 at Dorsey. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12 at Holy Name of Mary Church, 114 Grand St., Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520. Interment will be at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Expectant Mother Care, P.O. Box 134, Bronx, NY 10470.
- 1 Ossining Man Charged With Thefts From Porches
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 More Than Half Of Ossining's Middle School Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC