OSSINING, N.Y. - India DiSisto of Ossining died May 28. She was 90.
DiSisto was born April 23, 1924, in Sassinoro, Italy, to Domenico and Teresangiola (Santucci) Velardo. She worked as a seamstress in Ossining.
DiSisto is survived by her son, Pietro DiSisto (Gladys) of Mount Kisco; daughter, Carmen Murana (Joseph) of Ossining; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; brothers, Antonio and Luciano Velardo; and sister, Italia Santucci. She was predeceased by her husband, Michele.
Calling hours are Friday, May 30, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Leach & Thomas Inc., 32 State St. Ossining. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 31, at St. Ann's Church, burial at St. Augustine's Cemetery.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Ossining, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Ossining; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Ossining Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester