WAPPINGERS FALLS, N.Y. - Dorothy M. Simkins of Wappingers Falls, formerly of Ossining, died Saturday, June 28. She was 79.
Simkins was born May 20, 1935, in Manhattan, and was the daughter of George and Mary Benson Green. A local resident the past eight years, she formerly resided in Ossining, where she was a member of the Ossining American Legion Post #506 Ladies Auxiliary, and the Parker-Bale VFW Auxiliary in Crotonville. She was employed by the Ossining School District.
Simkins is survived by her children, Virginia Carlos (Albert), Jeanette LaDue, Dorothy Durr (Michael), and John Simkins (Maria); eight grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her daughter, Fonda Ann Simkins.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at St. Mary’s Church, Clinton St., Wappingers Falls. Burial at St. Augustine's Cemetery, Ossining, at the convenience of the family.
For more information, please visit: http://www.delehantyfuneral.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl