OSSINING, N.Y. – Donald DiRito of Ossining died Nov. 14. He was 75.
He was born Sept. 19, 1937, in Ossining to Emilio and Teresa Marino DiRito. He graduated from Ossining High School in 1956 and served in the Marine Corps from 1956 to 1960. DiRito graduated from RCA Technical School.
He married Barbara Florian in 1962 and worked as an electronic engineer. He was a member and past president of Columbus Lodge 692 and a member of Washington Hook and Ladder 42.
DiRito loved to fish, boat, play golf and travel. He also liked making people laugh, telling funny stories, playing Santa Claus and cooking for everyone, his family said.
He is survived by his wife; a daughter, Marlene (Joseph) Maccarrone; a son, Pau DiRitol; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by a sister, Grace Battista.
Visitation is 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Leach and Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Ann's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund or the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl