TOWN OF NEW CASTLE/OSSINING, N.Y. - Bert Kavy of Town of New Castle/Ossining died June 14. He was 89.
Kavy was born March 28, 1925, in Manhattan. He attended college at Georgia Tech, where he studied architecture. He was the president of Congregation Sons of Israel in the 1960s and 1970s, and the president of Scarborough School.
His father, brother and he were partners in the real estate development business of Kavy and Kavovitt for many years until retirement and dissolution of the company. They designed, built, owned and managed apartment buildings in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Queens, and Westchester County.
Kavy is survived by his wife, Rosalie; children, Victor, Barry, Lynda, and Susan and their partners; and a grandson.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, June 16 at Dorsey Funeral Home, 14 Emwilton Place, Ossining, NY 10562, (914) 941-0167. Shiva will be held at the family home Monday, June 16, after the funeral and Tuesday, June 17 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern