OSSINING, N.Y. – Barbara E. Brady, a lifelong Ossining resident, died Nov. 26. She was 86.
Brady worked as a school nurse for the Ossining School District for 22 years.
She was born Oct 9, 1926, in Ossining to Walter B. and Helen E. Dorner Cummings. She graduated from Ossining High School in 1944 and St. Vincent's School of Nursing in 1947. She was a parishioner of St. Augustine's Church.
Brady is survived by two children, Barbara Camilli, of Somers, N.Y., and John (Linda) Brady, of Mahopac, N.Y.; two brothers, Walter (Sylvia) and Edward (Ann) Cummings; and five grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, John; a brother, Robert; and a sister, Anne D'Uva.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m., Friday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine Cemetery in Ossining.
Memorial donations may be made to Guiding Eyes For The Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- 1 Businesses Form Alliance To Draw Attention To Uptown Ossining
- 2 Ossining Teenager Arrested For Making Threats On Social Media
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Ossining School District Budget Passes
- 5 Ossining High School Students Commit To Playing College Athletics