OSSINING, N.Y. – Barbara E. Brady, a lifelong Ossining resident, died Nov. 26. She was 86.
Brady worked as a school nurse for the Ossining School District for 22 years.
She was born Oct 9, 1926, in Ossining to Walter B. and Helen E. Dorner Cummings. She graduated from Ossining High School in 1944 and St. Vincent's School of Nursing in 1947. She was a parishioner of St. Augustine's Church.
Brady is survived by two children, Barbara Camilli, of Somers, N.Y., and John (Linda) Brady, of Mahopac, N.Y.; two brothers, Walter (Sylvia) and Edward (Ann) Cummings; and five grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, John; a brother, Robert; and a sister, Anne D'Uva.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m., Friday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine Cemetery in Ossining.
Memorial donations may be made to Guiding Eyes For The Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 2 Ossining Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Ossining, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Ossining
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow