OSSINING, N.Y. – Barbara E. Brady, a lifelong Ossining resident, died Nov. 26. She was 86.
Brady worked as a school nurse for the Ossining School District for 22 years.
She was born Oct 9, 1926, in Ossining to Walter B. and Helen E. Dorner Cummings. She graduated from Ossining High School in 1944 and St. Vincent's School of Nursing in 1947. She was a parishioner of St. Augustine's Church.
Brady is survived by two children, Barbara Camilli, of Somers, N.Y., and John (Linda) Brady, of Mahopac, N.Y.; two brothers, Walter (Sylvia) and Edward (Ann) Cummings; and five grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, John; a brother, Robert; and a sister, Anne D'Uva.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, at Dorsey Funeral Home in Ossining. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m., Friday, at St. Augustine's Church in Ossining. Burial will follow at St. Augustine Cemetery in Ossining.
Memorial donations may be made to Guiding Eyes For The Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Ossining