OSSINING, N.Y. -- Angeline “Angie” Psaras – a longtime resident of Ossining died Friday, Aug. 1, 2014. She was 85.
Psaras was born in Hyde Park, Pa., on Oct. 14, 1928, and was the daughter of James and Markella (Callitsis) Papajis.
Psaras retired from Reader's Digest. She was a member of the Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church. She was an avid lover of cats.
She is survived by her husband Gus, two daughters Maria Ortiz and Marcella Psaras and two grandchildren Alexis Ortiz and Nicholas Guy.
Visiting hours will be held on Monday, Aug.4 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The funeral will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 5 at 10 a.m. at Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church, 15 Leroy Ave., Yonkers. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow.
In lieu of flowers donations can be sent to the Forgotten Felines, PO Box 430, Valhalla, NY 10595.
- 1 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director