OSSINING, N.Y. -- Angeline “Angie” Psaras – a longtime resident of Ossining died Friday, Aug. 1, 2014. She was 85.
Psaras was born in Hyde Park, Pa., on Oct. 14, 1928, and was the daughter of James and Markella (Callitsis) Papajis.
Psaras retired from Reader's Digest. She was a member of the Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church. She was an avid lover of cats.
She is survived by her husband Gus, two daughters Maria Ortiz and Marcella Psaras and two grandchildren Alexis Ortiz and Nicholas Guy.
Visiting hours will be held on Monday, Aug.4 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The funeral will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 5 at 10 a.m. at Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church, 15 Leroy Ave., Yonkers. Burial will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow.
In lieu of flowers donations can be sent to the Forgotten Felines, PO Box 430, Valhalla, NY 10595.
- 1 Susan Louise Bingell, 65, Longtime Ossining Resident
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Suspect Charged In Ossining 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 5 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead