OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Through the efforts of State Sen. David Carlucci (D–Westchester/Rockland) and Ossining Town Supervisor Sue Donnelly, a new water conservation project will be put into place. The water used at the John V. Chervokas Spray Park at Louis Engel Waterfront Park will be recycled, rather than diverted to the Hudson River.
- New York State Police charged a Croton man with aggravated driving while intoxicated after stopping him near Annsville Circle in Peekskill, officials said.
- Westchester County Democrats Pete Harckham (D-North Salem) and Ken Jenkins (D-Yonkers) announced they intend to hold hearings to determine if County Executive Rob Astorino is delinquent of duty.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news of a Malaysian airliner that the U.S. has said was shot down over the Russian-Ukraine border Thursday.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Letter To The Editor: Business Not As Usual In Ossining
- 4 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says