OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Through the efforts of State Sen. David Carlucci (D–Westchester/Rockland) and Ossining Town Supervisor Sue Donnelly, a new water conservation project will be put into place. The water used at the John V. Chervokas Spray Park at Louis Engel Waterfront Park will be recycled, rather than diverted to the Hudson River.
- New York State Police charged a Croton man with aggravated driving while intoxicated after stopping him near Annsville Circle in Peekskill, officials said.
- Westchester County Democrats Pete Harckham (D-North Salem) and Ken Jenkins (D-Yonkers) announced they intend to hold hearings to determine if County Executive Rob Astorino is delinquent of duty.
- Westchester County residents were stunned by the news of a Malaysian airliner that the U.S. has said was shot down over the Russian-Ukraine border Thursday.
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Ossining Overnight
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York