OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- Police and firefighters were busy Thursday afternoon securing a shaky church steeple at First Baptist Church on 1 Church Street. Police closed off Church Street from Spring Street to South Highland Ave as firefighters responded to the scene.
- Ossining Mayor Bill Hanauer has announced he is running for a fifth two-year term in November. Hanauer has been mayor of the village since 2007.
- Ossining parent Norka Vera recently received the honor of Bilingual Parent of the Year.
- Lawmakers from the villages of Ossning and Briarcliff could not come to an agreement on a proposed annexation of two election districts during a meeting on Tuesday, March 11, meaning the proposal could land in court.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.