OSSINING, N.Y. – The Westchester County Department of Social Services will hold its next informational forum from 9 a.m.-noon Thursday, Sept. 18, at the Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway.
The forum will highlight the various programs and services available to individuals and families in need in Westchester.
“DSS provides a valuable safety net for our most vulnerable residents,” said Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino. “Yet too many people aren’t aware of how we can help. I encourage residents, businesses, nonprofits and faith-based organizations to come learn about the magnitude of services being provided to those in need.”
DSS Commissioner Kevin M. McGuire will lead the forum, and representatives from services ranging from child welfare to child support, adult protective services, food stamps, medical assistance and more will be on hand to talk about their programs.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'