WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – As heat and humidity continue their grip on Westchester County, conditions will be favorable for strong thunderstorms to strike Tuesday afternoon and evening, according to the National Weather Service.
Those thunderstorms could be severe, producing heavy rain, gusty winds and small hail, the weather service said. The storms will be widely scattered and occur mainly after 2 p.m. The storm threat is expected to last through 2 a.m. Wednesday.
The high temperature Tuesday will approach 90 degrees with high levels of humidity. The chance of rain increases from 30 percent to 60 percent into the evening Tuesday.
Wednesday will be another hot day with a high temperature in the upper 80s or 90 degrees with a continued chance for more thunderstorms, mainly after 4 p.m. and through midnight.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'