OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Missing 12-year-old Ossining resident Brayan Mendez was found safe, Westchester County Police said.
- The former superintendent of the Chappaqua Central School District was fined one week's pay from his current job as superintendent of Newton Schools in Massachusetts for plagiarizing the words of Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in recent graduation speeches, according to The Boston Globe.
- Westchester County Police identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- The proposal for the Upper Westchester Muslim Society's (UWMS) mosque in New Castle has been revised to include fewer on-site parking spaces and a larger landscaped setback, a document submission to the town shows.
- The Ossining Village Board recently unanimously overrode a longstanding ordinance against beekeeping within the village.
- 1 Ossining High School Class Of 1985 Celebrates 30-Year Reunion
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Ossining Barber Gino Annelli Retiring After 59 Years
- 5 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway