OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- The Ossining Boat & Canoe Club, which was closed in October 2013 after the town cited more than 20 violations in the town-owned building, was given the go-ahead to reopen.
- Ossining's Anne M. Dorner Middle School's Pennies For Patients fundraiser is under way, with students hoping to raise $2,000.
- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page, according to Yorktown police.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- Ossining High School senior Adam Illowsky took first place in the New York State Junior Science Humanities Symposium.