OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- The Ossining Boat & Canoe Club , which was closed in October 2013 after the town cited more than 20 violations in the town-owned building, was given the go-ahead to reopen.
- Ossining's Anne M. Dorner Middle School's Pennies For Patients fundraiser is under way, with students hoping to raise $2,000.
- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page , according to Yorktown police.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- Ossining High School senior Adam Illowsky took first place in the New York State Junior Science Humanities Symposium.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.