OSSINING, N.Y. -- A car accident on Route 9 at Route 133 in the village of Ossining has been cleared by police.
The accident occurred about 11:30 a.m. Thursday when a gray BMW SUV going left at the intersection collided with another vehicle, according to witnesses at the scene.
Wesley Dunkley, a crossing guard at the intersection, heard a loud boom. After radioing police for help, he went and pulled the people out of the cars when he saw smoke coming from both vehicles.
"It was a hard hit," Dunkley said.
A woman driving the impacted vehicle was taken in an ambulance to an unidentified hospital. The man driving the SUV was unharmed. Police did not have an update on the woman's condition, though it was not believed to be life-threatening.
Sean Tenety, who works at Emigrant Savings Bank and witnessed the accident, credited air bags and seat belts with saving lives.
The accident was cleared by about noon.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Ossining Public Library Names New Director
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl