OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- The Village of Ossining recently named Christopher Soi as the new superintendent of recreation, who will assume his new role in January, will be responsible for the coordination of all recreational activities for both the Village and the Town of Ossining.
- A new CrossFit gym has opened in Ossining just in time to work off those holiday pounds. The Foundry Fitness Center at 104 Spring St. offers personal training, boot camp and kettle bell classes, along with hosting birthday parties and a health and wellness seminar series.
- Bill Cosby postpones his shows in Tarrytown amid increasing allegations of sexual assault.
- Nearly hidden in a basement art room at Ossining High School , one can hear the whirring of bicycle wheels and chains under repair as a group of students rescue discarded bikes to distribute to those unable to afford them.
- Open Door Family Medical Centers will launch a health facility at Ossining High School offering no-cost health services to students, U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey (D-Westchester/Rockland) announced.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.