OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Linda Griffin, an Ossining resident and former teacher, won second place at the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards in the pet/animal category for her book "Adopting Ginger."
- Ossining ranks at No. 15 among the exciting places to live in New York, according to a report by Movoto. Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York state could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent, according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Ossining resident Eric Feinstein launched a mobile app last October that took users on a virtual tour of the village's bicentennial sculpture exhibit narrated by the artists themselves.
- The Westchester County Police Department responded to several calls in the Ossining area recently, including that a man was sleeping under the bridge and a dog was tied up and left alone in the hot sun.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Clintons Make First Joint Public Appearance Since Hillary Enters Race
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says