OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Two Ossining residents, Jorge Morales, 20, and Trivante Jones, 17 , were arrested and charged with attempted burglary, according to Westchester County police.
- A 39-year-old Nanuet woman pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter in connection with the crash that killed Briarcliff Manor's John Mangialardi while he was putting up campaign signs in Ossining, according to a LoHud,com report.
- The Ossining mayoral campaign is officially a three-way-race. Mayor William Hanauer and Trustee Victoria Gearrity will be in a primary for the Democratic Party nomination, and Janis Castaldi, former deputy mayor and village trustee, is running on the newly formed Common Sense Party.
- Adam Illowsky of Ossining High School took home a top national prize and a $12,000 college scholarship for his winning entry at the 52nd National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium, held April 23-27, in Washington, D.C.
- Yonkers investigators discovered four large barrels of chemicals in an alley off Morris Street that may have been meant for a methamphetamine lab, according to News 12.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.