OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Cedar Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Ossining successfully completed the Ice Bucket Challenge Tuesday to raise money for ALS research.
- The fisherman who died after falling into the Croton Falls Reservoir on Tuesday was identified as John Scales, a 73-year-old Manhattan resident, according to a New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) official.
- The Greater Ossining Chamber of Commerce is hosting one of its biggest fundraisers of the year at the Ossining Boat and Canoe Club, 1 Westerly Road.
- The Ossining Union Free School District received $2,142,900, after the state Education Department announced $340 million in funding for quality prekindergarten programs across the state.
- Three Westchester County school districts will benefit from $340 million in state funds provided to 81 school districts to create full-day pre-kindergarten, thanks to approval by Gov. Andrew Cuomo and other lawmakers, reports LoHud.com
- 1 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 5 Ossining Tennis Champion Jamie Loeb Comes Home