OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Public Library is seeking a detail-oriented library clerk with exceptional customer service skills.
A flexible schedule including, but not limited to, evenings and Saturdays is required to work in the circulation department.
Key responsibilities of the library clerk include:
- Ability to learn and apply library procedures for processing of materials.
- Routine monetary transactions using a cash register.
- Various clerical duties.
- Enter and retrieve information on an automated system.
- Working knowledge of library terminology.
- Working knowledge of library clerical work and shelving rules.
- Ability to utilize computer components.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with staff and public.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma is required. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable but is not required.
Submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to Christina Surovich, Circulation/Technical Services Manager at Ossining Public Library, 53 Croton Avenue, Ossining, NY 10562
or by email at email@example.com
(914) 941-2416 x304 (phone)
(914) 941-7464 (fax)
All resumes and letters must be submitted by Tuesday, Sept. 2.
- 1 Ossining Man Charged With Thefts From Porches
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 More Than Half Of Ossining's Middle School Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident