OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Ossining High School's lockdown Wednesday, which was switched to a lockout later in the school day, was caused by an anonymous social media threat , according to a letter sent out to parents by Schools Superintendent Raymond Sanchez.
- Jennifer Czarniecki, a Mohegan Lake resident who was crowned Mrs. Westchester in January, was arrested and charged with stealing from the group home where she worked, according to Investigator John Rodriguez of the New York State Police.
- The amber alert issued by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department just before 11 a.m. Tuesday was rescinded after the child was found unharmed.
- A child who lives in a long-term care facility in Westchester and suffers from numerous chronic medical conditions has been diagnosed with EV-D68, the first such diagnosis in Westchester or Putnam, according to a report on LoHud.com.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo released a statement in response to unsubstantiated reports of terrorist plots against subways in the U.S.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.