OSSINING, N.Y. -- Despite all the fireworks and patriotism, some people in Ossining are looking to celebrate America's 238th birthday by relaxing.
"I want to do as little as possible," Lee White said. "I don't intend on traveling 50 miles or even three miles. I want to sit and relax. I used to like fireworks as a kid.
White said he likes how the holiday is always on July 4, rather than being moved to a Monday like Memorial Day was.
"This way it's not just about giving people a long weekend and having sales," White said.
Tony Arpaia said like White he hopes to be enjoying his holiday by relaxing.
"I'm hoping I can do what I want," Arpaia said. "That's freedom."
Arpaia said he hopes to go to a barbecue and was looking forward to having burgers and a steak.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages