OSSINING, N.Y. -- Despite all the fireworks and patriotism, some people in Ossining are looking to celebrate America's 238th birthday by relaxing.
"I want to do as little as possible," Lee White said. "I don't intend on traveling 50 miles or even three miles. I want to sit and relax. I used to like fireworks as a kid.
White said he likes how the holiday is always on July 4, rather than being moved to a Monday like Memorial Day was.
"This way it's not just about giving people a long weekend and having sales," White said.
Tony Arpaia said like White he hopes to be enjoying his holiday by relaxing.
"I'm hoping I can do what I want," Arpaia said. "That's freedom."
Arpaia said he hopes to go to a barbecue and was looking forward to having burgers and a steak.
- 1 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show
- 2 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 5 Ossining's Theater O Seeks Teen Actors To Audition For Two Productions