OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- As part of a community service project for his bar mitzvah, 13-year-old Ossining boy, Coby Kilion, collected more than 1,000 books and then raised more than $500 to ship the books for the African Library Project.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home.
- Eight Democratic members of the Board of Legislators said Rob Astorino is missing in action and demanded a new election for Westchester county executive, which Republican legislators called pure political silliness.
- Following two local hires in the past month, Quack LLC announced Monday, April 28, plans to hire 10 new employees from the village of Ossining.